HE SHALL BE LIKE A TREE PLANTED BY THE RIVERS OF WATER.
OPM 211 Spiritual Formation (Online)
This course is designed to aid the student in developing a theological framework for spiritual formation, in the comprehension and adoption of the spiritual disciplines, and in the development of a strategy for personal lifelong spiritual formation. The course is both theological and practical in nature. This is a seven-week intensive online course. (3 Units)
COURSE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Completing this course:
- Students will understand and articulate the meaning of the term spiritual formation and how one progresses in the Christian life.
- Students will analyze, understand, and express a biblical foundation for spiritual formation.
- Students will develop a template for living the Christian life that incorporates the classical spiritual disciplines.
- Students will implement a personal plan for developing devotional habits.
- Students will exhibit an understanding of the virtues of Christ-likeness and how to develop those virtues in their lives.
Jeremy Andrews (MA Higher Ed. Geneva College, MAR Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, BA Geneva College) is the Academic Dean of BLI and teaches Student Ministries and Bible courses. He also serves as Director of Discipleship at St Luke’s Evangelical Church in Saxonburg, PA. Before coming to BLI, he worked in various church and student ministries.